Monday, May 3, 2010

Chocoholics Anonymous Approve of Walnut Bar Cookies

I’m a die-hard chocoholic. It just doesn’t matter – if it’s chocolate and cakey, I’m probably going to like it (even if it’s not cakey, I’ll probably still like it). When left to my own devices, dessert will probably be chocolate-based (and usually is). On the other hand, Don (my significant other), doesn’t really care for chocolate all that much (I know! But I let him stay around anyway). Every once in a while I try to come up with something that isn’t chocolate-based so he can enjoy it too. That’s how this recipe for Walnut Bars came about.

It’s kind of the best of both worlds – a crunchy, crumbly exterior and an ultra-moist, chewy interior. This recipe has been morphing for several months, and it finally got Don’s seal of approval last night, so I thought it was time to share it. The concept is pretty similar to a brownie / blondie, but I think the texture is so much better. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment