Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wing and a Prayer: Lemon Ginger Wings


Three months ago, things were looking pretty rosy: the kitchen remodeling business was on a consistent upswing, and I was able to ditch the nightmarish, weekend gig.  It was so nice to be able to work one job. The free-time even made me a little lazy – I haven’t posted a single recipe since.

Cut to present-day: Congress is acting like a bunch of babies, S&P has downgraded the U.S. credit rating, and the phone isn’t ringing quite a much as it was. So what do I do? I start cooking, of course. (What can I say? It’s one thing to have free time; it’s another thing to not have enough to do.)

I actually played with this recipe over the summer, and Don has been harping at me to get it up on the site ever since (he really just wants me to make it again). He’s a hot wings freak. I’m not a big fan of the hot sauce based kind, but I enjoy these because they have a more complex flavor.

READ MORE

5 comments:

  1. Oh my these sounds wonderful and your photos are absolutely mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, KC. I'll take the compliment on the food - the photos are a total fluke...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Interesting times" indeed! I can think of a lot of uses for this marinade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those wings look so great! What an awesome photo - really makes them look mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete