Thursday, April 22, 2010

Grillin' Weather for Mushrooms - and Pasta

The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous for the last couple of weeks: 78 degrees, low humidity, the sun is shining. There is absolutely no way that I want to turn on the oven and heat up the kitchen, so I’ve been doing a fair amount of grilling. It’s great to stand around in the breeze and cook. I’ll still grill once the summer heat and humidity gets here, I just won’t stand over the grill and sweat like a pig while things cook (what can I say? I’m a wimp).

Just as an aside - have you ever noticed that grilling sounds odd compared to grillin'?

Last night, I ended up making the entire dinner out on the grill – including the pasta (we got a great deal on a nice grill with a side burner at the end of last summer). This is such a simple dish, that I decided to use some homemade pasta I had in the freezer. The grill adds so much to the flavor of button mushrooms, and marinating them in herbed olive oil for a few minutes beforehand sent it over the top.

Hope you like the pasta recipe for Lemon and Grilled Mushroom Pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment